Chiropractic is Safe.
Records from insurance and
court cases have constantly shown that chiropractic is the safest portal
of entry health care available to the public today. Although no
healthcare procedures are 100% safe, chiropractic stands on its record
of safety and effectiveness unmatched in healthcare. To learn more about
the safety record of chiropractic please visit the website Chiropractic
Is Safe at
Chiropractic is Effective.
Mounting evidence also supports spinal manipulation for low back pain, says Roger Chou, MD, professor of medicine at Oregon Health & Science University in Portland, Oregon speaking of a 2015 Cochrane review of the literature. In an article on Medscape.com McMaster University in Toronto, Anita Gross, MSc, has logged paper after paper showing that spinal manipulation can help control neck pain. "The evidence keeps growing and growing," she says.
Orthopedists can confidently refer many neck and back patients for this type of treatment when surgery is not indicated, these and other experts agree. The findings counter decades of accusations of quackery mounted against healers who massage or manipulate patients' muscles or joints.
- Manipulation and mobilisation for neck disorders. Cochrane. September 23, 2015. http://www.cochrane.org/CD004249/BACK_manipulation-and-mobilisation-neck-disorders Accessed January 26, 2016.
- Noninvasive treatments for low back pain. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. February 29, 2016. http://effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/index.cfm/search-for-guides-reviews-and-reports/?productid=2192&pageaction=displayproduct Accessed January 26, 2016.
- Homola S. Bonesetting, chiropractic, and cultism. Chirobase. 1963. https://www.chirobase.org/05RB/BCC/01.html Accessed January 26, 2016.
- Wieting MJ. Massage, traction, and manipulation. Medscape. November 2, 2015. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/324694-overview#a4 Accessed January 26, 2016.
- Keating JC Jr. D.D. Palmer's religion of chiropractic. Chiro.org. March 1995. http://www.chiro.org/Plus/History/Persons/PalmerDD/PalmerDD's_Religion-of-Chiro.pdf Accessed January 26, 2016.
- Cugalj AP, McManus K. Manual treatments. PM&R Knowledge Now. September 20, 2013. http://me.aapmr.org/kn/article.html?id=56 Accessed January 26, 2016.
- Neck pain tool-kit: step 1. Physiopedia. http://www.physio-pedia.com/Neck_Pain_Tool-kit:_Step_1 Accessed January 26, 2016.
- Low back pain strategy. Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. September 16, 2016. http://health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/ecfa/action/primary/lower_back.aspx Accessed January 26, 2016.
The American Chiropractic Association
The Chiropractic Resource Organization
Chiropractic History Archive
Joseph C. Keating Jr, PhD
Chiropractic in the United States: Training, Practice, and Research (1997)
Cherkin, Daniel C.; Mootz, Robert D.
Chiropractic treatments for back pain
Steven G. Yeomans, DC. A Spine-health.com feature (use menu points on left side)
Dynamic Chiropractic Online
ChiroWeb, Chiropractic news source
National Directory of Chiropractic
Listing of Chiropractors and information on education and the profession.
National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
National Institute of Health Manipulative and Body-Based Practices
Olympic Games Inspire Optimal Athletic Care
One of the oldest websites about chiropractic, written by chiropractors for chiropractors and the general public.
Spine Health Website